Last month, I shared one of my favorite cookie recipes on Modern Alternative Mama. Here it is again below. Enjoy!
As a lover of both peanut butter and chocolate, I strive to find healthy ways to enjoy both! One day, when I was making some simple peanut butter cookies, I decided to throw some chocolate chips in the batter. The combination is delicious, and the recipe so simple, I don’t even have to look it up to remember what ingredients to put into it. Plus, it’s very quick to make, which is handy when I need a treat for the kids (who, by the way, love these cookies too!).
The recipe is made healthy by using organic or natural peanut butter (I’m sure by now you know how toxic conventional peanut butter is!), honey as the sweetener, and Enjoy Life chocolate chips, which are dairy, soy, nut and gluten-free.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 8 mins
Total time: 13 mins
- 1 cup organic or natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/8-1/4 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- Combine peanut butter, honey, egg and vanilla in mixing bowl. (Mixing by hand with a spoon is sufficient.)
- Add salt and baking soda and combine thoroughly.
- Add chocolate chips, more or less depending on your taste.
- Drop spoonfuls approximately 1 1/2 TBS in size onto parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Press dough balls with a fork, just like classic peanut butter cookies.
- *Note: different brands of natural peanut butters will have varying textures. If dough is too gooey or sticky, try putting it in the refrigerator for 10-20 minutes. Alternately, you can try wetting the fork before pressing.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.