So, I know I said we stick to a Primal/Paleo diet most of the time… and I know. Peanuts aren’t Paleo. But here’s the thing. I used to not be able to eat peanut butter. Now that I’ve healed from my intolerance and none of the rest of the family has a problem with peanuts, we eat them. We totally eat peanut butter. Peanut butter is delicious and fatty and high in protein, and right now, I need quick protein throughout my day. I mix it with coconut oil and a little raw honey for a quick snack, and if I’m really wanting a treat, I throw a few Enjoy Life chocolate chips in the mix. Yum.
Anyways, I’ve been making these peanut butter muffins for a while now and we all love them! Today, I tried a new twist and added jelly. My kids (who get the rare treat of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, oh, twice a year maybe) loved these! They really taste just like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Enjoy!
1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted if clumpy
6 eggs (pastured, organic)
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup organic or natural peanut butter
1/4 cup melted coconut oil (or palm shortening or butter)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup homemade or organic jam
1. Preheat oven to 350*.
2. Line muffin tin with parchment baking cups (I use these baking cups from If You Care and
I LOVE them- they NEVER stick!)
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
4. Add honey and eggs and mix well.
5. Slowly stir in melted coconut oil.
6. Add peanut butter and stir batter until smooth.
7. Drop 1/3 cup scoops of batter in baking cups.
8. Drop approximately 1/2 tbsp of jam into the center of each muffin.
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes.